Hi there! My name is Akane and I’m the author of this blog.
I’ve been travelling and living abroad for a long time while working as a freelance illustrator and designer. A type of person so-called ‘Digital Nomad’.
I like to travel slowly – I spent at least a month to 3 months in each place to settle in the new environment and immerse myself in the local culture. It makes me rich in many ways, but not financially 🙂
I document and share my travel stories in this blog and social media with photos and videos I took along the way. Feel free to follow me on Twitter（@hive_aka_en）and Instagram（@beeawanderluster）to check the latest travel updates and YouTube channel for casual travel videos.
My current daily routine is exploring somewhere never been to discover new cultures, to meet new people and to capture new sights with my camera. Simple as it sounds, but I can’t ask anything more to fulfil my life.
Here’s a brief description about myself from stranger’s eyes…
She started drawing at her early age and learned computer graphic softwares and web designing spontaneously. She sharpened these skills at schools, where she learned basic graphic design principles, and companies where she worked as a web designer.
When she was around mid-20s, she fulfilled her long-term dream going to London for studying English and graphic design for short time period at University of Arts London, where she broaden her horizons and find new perspective to the world.
She became passionate for traveling to see more different parts of the world ever since. After a while returning home from the UK and working as a web designer again, she decided to pursue her next dream – traveling the world and living the life she wants.
After 4 years overseas in Working Holiday, She started working as a freelancer and have been collaborated in creative projects with international clients along the way.
Besides working, she is also continuing a body of personal creative projects that include illustration projects inspired by traveling and global culture, which can be seen on her Instagram, and running an online shop. You can find her major creative works and freelance services at her online portfolio.
I’m this kind of person (in bullets)
- I love to be in international environments where makes my sense that I’m a resident of the earth.
- After studying English from the elementary to advanced level at language schools in London and Sydney, I sharpened my conversation skill through working with locals and travelling abroad in Working Holiday Visa.
- Good coffee, healthy food, plenty of sunshine and everyday yoga recharges my battery.
- Music(mix of old and new), movies and arts are my everlasting inspiration.
- I have a strong interest in organic culture and sustainable living.
- Countries I lived in: the UK, Spain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Bulgaria, Mexico and Turkey.
- Coffee barista is my persona and my beloved town is Melbourne, Australia.
- I’m particularly good at illustration, typography and collage art.
For further details about how I connected with overseas and why I decided to launch this blog, please have a read the very first post.
I started working as a barista during Working Holiday in Australia with no previous experience. I wrote about how I got a position which eventually leads to a head barista.
You can find detailed information about my freelance services at the post below. I’m available for freelance opportunity and collaborations!
Travel-inspired art goods available online
Besides freelancing and blogging, my other side hustle is running online shops! I sell a variety of products with my illustration inspired by travelling and global culture.
You can browse and purchase various items such as t-shirts, art prints, stickers and phone cases at my online shop with worldwide shipping and secure payment system by Stripe, or following Print-On-Demand(POD) websites:
- Society6 (Art prints, Apparel, IT accessories, Outdoor goods and more)
- Design by Humans (Apparel, Mugs, IT accessories, Stickers and more)
- TeePublic (Apparel, Tote bags, Mugs, Stickers and more)
- Spoonflower (Pattern fabrics and wallpapers)
- SUZURI(Japanese/Apparel, Tote bags, Mugs, IT accessories and more)
If you want to have some unique items related to travel, you might be able to find what you are looking for!
For further information and some examples of the products, check out this post: