Hi there! My name is Akane. I’m an author of this blog.
I’ve been travelling and living abroad while working as a freelance illustrator, graphic and web designer, and photographer. A type of person so-called ‘Digital Nomad’.
I like to travel slowly – I spent at least a month to 3 months in each home-base to settle in the new environment and immerse myself in the local culture. It makes me rich in many ways, not financially though 🙂
I’m sharing my travel stories in this blog and social channels with photos and videos I took along the way. Feel free to follow me on Twitter（@hive_aka_en）and Instagram（@beeawanderluster）to check out the latest travel stories. I also have a YouTube channel to upload casual travel videos.
Basically, my daily routine is to explore somewhere never been, discover new cultures, meet new people and capture new sights by my camera. Repeat.
Simple as does sound, but what else I can ask for to fulfil my life?
Here’s a brief description about myself from stranger’s eyes…
She started drawing at her early age and learned computer graphic softwares and web designing spontaneously. She sharpened these skills at schools, where she learned basic graphic design principles, and companies where she worked as a web designer.
When she was around mid-20s, she fulfilled her long-term dream going to London for studying English and graphic design for short time period at University of Arts London, where she broaden her horizons and find new perspective to the world.
She became passionate for traveling to see more different parts of the world ever since. After a while returning home from the UK and started working as a web designer again, she decided to pursue her next dream – traveling the world and living the life which she desire.
She become a freelancer and has engaged working with international clients and fellow nomad workers including from the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand as multiple designer roles thorough her extended travel.
Besides working, she is also continuing a body of personal creative projects to update online portfolios and social networking websites for the inspiration.
I’m this kind of person (in bullets)
- Love to be an international environment that makes my sense that I’m a resident of the earth
- Achieved all level of English study from elementary to advanced level at language schools in London and Sydney. I sharpened that skill up with local natives while working and travelling abroad on Working Holiday Visas.
- Good coffee, healthy food, plenty of sunshine and morning yoga recharges my battery.
- Music(mix of old and new), movies and arts are my everlasting inspiration.
- Strong interest in organic culture and sustainable living.
- Countries I lived in: the UK, Spain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Barista (a.k.a coffee wizard) is my persona and my beloved town is Melbourne, Australia.
- Among my specialities, I’m particularly good at illustration(@akane.yabushita), typography and collage art.
For further details about how I connected with overseas cultures and the reason I decided to launch this blog, please read the very first post.
You can also find detailed information about my service as a freelance designer. I’m available for freelance projects!