Hi! I’m Akane（茜）, a person behind this blog. Nice to meet you!
I’m a so-called ‘Nomad’. I’ve been travelling and living in many countries while working as a freelance illustrator, graphic / web designer, and photographer.
I like to travel slowly – I spent at least for a month to 3 months to settle in a new home-base, so that I can get to know the area and absorb the local culture. It makes me rich, not financially though 🙂
I enjoy sharing my travel stories on this blog and SNS with photos and videos I took along the way. Please feel free to check out and follow me on Twitter（@hive_aka_en）and stories on Instagram（@hivebyaka）to see what’s happening to me in real time! I also started YouTube channel to share casual travel videos.
I’ve been travelling over 5 years in total. I LOVE exploring somewhere never been, discovering a new culture, meeting new people and capturing new sights on my camera.
Here’s a brief description about myself from stranger’s eyes…
She started drawing at her early age and learned computer graphic softwares and web designing spontaneously. She sharpened these skills at schools, where she learned basic graphic design principles, and companies where she worked as a web designer.
When she was around mid-20s, she fulfilled her long-term dream going to London for studying English and graphic design for short time period at University of Arts London, where she broaden her horizons and find new perspective to the world.
She became passionate for traveling to see more different parts of the world ever since. After working as a web designer in Japan since returning home from the UK, she decided to pursue her next dream – traveling the world and living with her passion.
She has engaged working with international clients and fellow nomad workers including from the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand as multiple designer roles thorough her extended travel.
Besides working, she is also continuing a body of personal creative projects to update online portfolios and social networking websites for the inspiration.
I’m sort of that person (in bullets)
- Love to be an international environment that makes my sense that I’m a resident of the earth
- Went through all level of English from elementary to advanced at language schools in London and Sydney. I brushed that skill up with local native speakers while working and travelling abroad on working holiday visa.
- Good coffee, healthy food, plenty of sunshine and morning yoga recharges my battery.
- Music(mix of old and new), movies and arts are my everlasting inspiration.
- Have a strong interest in organic culture and sustainable living.
- Countries I lived in: the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Vietnam, Spain(current).
- Barista (aka coffee wizard) is my persona and my beloved town is Melbourne, Australia.
- Among my specialities, I’m particularly good at hand-drawn illustration, typography, film photography and collage.
For further details about how I connected with overseas and why I decided to launch this blog, please read the very first post.
You can also find detailed information about my service as a freelance designer. I’m available for freelance projects!